Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Outlook 2003 can I change my contacts phone number format?

when a phone number is entered for a contact it is formated (aaa)bbb-cccc



when I sync this to a blackberry it can not dial the number due to the () and dash.



how can I enter the number without that format..I want just aaabbbccccOutlook 2003 can I change my contacts phone number format?
To enter the phone number without () and -, you have to turn of the field checking feature.

Open the contact, go to the phone field, say ';Business'; in this case with (123)456-7890 in it, double click the number in the white box, a ';check phone number'; window pop up, uncheck the box ';show this again when phone number is incomplete or unclear';, edit the local number to 1234567890 then click ';ok';, from then on the business number on this contact will appear as numbers only.

This self-checking feature is useful so if you want it back you do the same but check the box back.Outlook 2003 can I change my contacts phone number format?
I have Outlook 2003 and when I enter my phone number's it doesn't att the () or the dashs. Is Outlook automatically adding those? If not, just go back and re-enter the phone number minus the dashes and paren's.

No comments:

Post a Comment