Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How much does it cost to change my bt phone number??? Im moving home and want a different number.?

I phoned up and did that about a year ago and its FREE





BT don't charge you to change your number , just tell them you been getting allot of hoaxs calls :)How much does it cost to change my bt phone number??? Im moving home and want a different number.?
when you move home, they normally ask if you want to keep you olf number.



Depending where you are moving to (even in one town) you may not get the choice, as you may change exchange (or sub-exchange, there are several in one town)



Just ask when you phone BT to move your account.. .

you can keep one account, but still move house..and change number.How much does it cost to change my bt phone number??? Im moving home and want a different number.?
I work for BT customer service.



They will ask you, if you're moving within the same exchange area if you want to keep your number. (however even that isnt guaranteed, because BT do not own the numbers)



When they place an order, it'll just give the next available number.



And its free. And it doesnt have to be for nuisance calls. Normally now, if you want a renumber it'll take 3 working days.



I had a women other day who had changed her number 11 times this year..and I did her the 12th. Think she just wanted someone to talk to..
You will probably get a new number anyway. I think you have to ask if you wish to keep the old number, or they will ask you, but it isn't automatic that you take your number with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment