Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If I unlock my phone will I loose the number?

I would like to change my PAYG orange phone to another PAYG service (probably T-Mobile). But am not exactly sure how it works.



Will my phone function exactly as it does at the moment?

Will getting a new SIM mean I have to change number?If I unlock my phone will I loose the number?
ok ......speakin as a ex vodafone customer advicer ,



first off unlock ure fone and choose the network and get a sim card



you can then get ure number transferred to another network , but first u will need to ring orange and tell them ure switching they will give u a code to give to ure next service provider (once u have chosen the one u want)..........



u then ring your new chosen network and they will request the code ,



its simple for them to transfer ure number but i know the systems may take up to 48 hours for the switch to go through so be patient and make sure you have a alternate number for any emergencys in the mean time ,



hope this has helped ,



id recommend o2 personally , they are cheap , and always have brilliant offers :P ...If I unlock my phone will I loose the number?
I think you can have your number moved to another network, just phone them up and ask ( the new network provider)
if you unlock your phone, nothing will change except that you will be able to use any sim card in your phone.. the number is programmed into the sim card, so what ever card is in the unlocked phone, that is the number on the phone.



if you have a cingular phone and your friend has a t-mobile phone and you want to switch phones. If both phones are unlocked you can, the numbers will be in the sim card not the phones, but the phone book will be on the phone. unless you use the sim card to store the numbers, then they will move as well. (note, that sim card phone books are not as good as the ones in the phones.



hope this helps.
no way
No, it just changes or unlocks your firms grip on your mobile, i have bought numerous on the net etc and had them unlocked on the local market, all the best.
Getting a new SIM normally changes the number. If you contact your current supplier they can give you a code (think it a PUK code ) that you give to the new supplier to retain your number, Think it takes a few days to transfer.



Your phone should work just the same as it does at the moment. all they do is find the code that alows another companies sim to be used

No comments:

Post a Comment