Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can I keep my cell phone number if I change service providers?

My 2-year contract with Verizon Wireless is ending before the end of April. I'm planning to switch to Cingular Wireless (now AT%26amp;T) with a new 2-year contract as well.



How likely is it that I'll be able to keep the cell phone number that Verizon Wireless has provided me?Can I keep my cell phone number if I change service providers?
Yes you can.

The way you should do it is this way:

1. DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CURRENT SERVICE WITH VERIZON RIGHT AWAY.

2. Get your new service with Cingular/AT%26amp;Tand tell them you will be keeping your old phone number.

3. Cancel your Verizon service.



If you do not do it this way. As soon as you cancel your verizon service they could give your number away.

If you need any more help you may contact me.Can I keep my cell phone number if I change service providers?
Yes, you should be able to keep your old # but you might have to haggle with the new provider to get your way. I don't know why they're so lazy about it. good luck
you might be able to keep the same number for it but at some service providers they automatically provide you a new number but it is possible though so try to asking your current service provider and they should be able to transfer your number to the other company.
yes! it's the law. case closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment