Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How long do you have to wait until you can text again after changing your phone number, for sprint?

I changed my sprint number and I can't text anybody but I can call them. But when I call somebody it shows up as my old number, but I had my brother call my new number and it went through.How long do you have to wait until you can text again after changing your phone number, for sprint?
I know that with Sprint it usually takes about 24 hours for any changes to be complete on an account before it goes into affect. So I'd suggest you wait about 24 hours and then try it. If you are still having problems then you may want to call Customer Service to make sure that you still have your texting features on your account.How long do you have to wait until you can text again after changing your phone number, for sprint?
Actually, when you change your number, the number change is immediate, and voice calls as well as text should be immediate as well. The Caller ID takes up to 72 hrs for it to update, which you should have been told before you changed your number. Data is also not immediate, as it takes up to 1 hr to transfer over to the new number. If texting is still not working, you can remove the battery from the phone for 2 minutes. You should be able to text after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment