Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can I change my cell phone number, and (for a period of time) have my old number forward to my new number?

I want to change my cell phone number (I've moved, and I hate having an out-of-town area code). However, I would like to have a way to have an outgoing message for anyone who calls my old number, that says the number has changed and here is the new number.



Ameritech offered did this automatically for me when I changed my landline number a few years ago...but as fas as I can tell, Sprint doesn't offer any way to do this with cell phones.



How could I most easily/cheaply accomplish this?Can I change my cell phone number, and (for a period of time) have my old number forward to my new number?
unfortunatly on cell phones that feature is not available. once you change your number you number goes in the pool of numbers that become available to everybody else that is looking to change there number. what i would suggest is calling everyone and give them the new number.Can I change my cell phone number, and (for a period of time) have my old number forward to my new number?
if you look under you call settings or phone settings, there should be something called call forwording and it should allow you to put your new number in as the recipieant

No comments:

Post a Comment