Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I notify a potential new employer of a recent phone number change?

I sent resumes out via e-mail and I had to change my contact number due to personal reasons.



I don't want to seem unorganized, How do I politely email out a notification to my potential employers of my contact information change?How do I notify a potential new employer of a recent phone number change?
I would imagine that you would resend the resume with the correct information

';Due to personal reasons, I changed by contact number, I am resending my resume in its entirety with my updated contact information, I look forward to hearing from you, Sincerely...';



or ';Due to circumstances beyond my control...';

';My contact information has changed I wanted to make sure you were updated to this...';

Try to emphasize that you did send the correct information at the time, but don't make it sound negative

Send the entire resume again, it may be easier for them to just reprint it, rather than change information



as embarrassing as it is, if they cant contact you, they cant hire you!How do I notify a potential new employer of a recent phone number change?
Yup, the above answer is right on the money. I'd add that you should include the date that you sent the original resume.



Say, ';Due to personal reasons, I had to change my contact phone number from XXX-XXX-XXXX to XXX-XXX-XXX. I've attached my resume with the updated contact information. I can be reached through the new phone number and email. Please update my application/your records. Thank you again for your time and consideration.';
Send an updated resume with your new phone no. on it.



In your cover-letter email, write something like ';My phone number has recently been changed; it is noted on my updated resume which is attached to this email.';

.

No comments:

Post a Comment