Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my cell phone number to another phone from the same provider?

I have Verizon, and the screen on my phone broke. My friend just switched to AT%26amp;T and was willing to give me her recently deactivated Verizon phone. How do I switch my number over to that phone?How do I change my cell phone number to another phone from the same provider?
its very possible that you can use her phone; some phones have to be compatible with the rate plan that you are on; if you have a smartphone/pda they may require you to replace it with a phone that is in the same class. the main thing about old cell phones is that if the account she closed with verizon is delinquent and she didn't pay all her charges then they may not let you use her phone to replace yours; YOUR BEST BET IS TO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE (800) 922-0204 and give them the HEX or ESN # from the back of her phone (in the battery compartment) to make sure you can replace yours with it; its best to call from a land phone in the event that you can switch it out they will require you to not be talking on both phones. GOOD LUCK



linked information:

';Can I use an existing phone with Verizon Wireless service?



We can activate your existing phone provided it is compatible with our CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) digital network.



Although a wireless phone may be compatible with our network, we cannot guarantee the equipment's performance nor can we honor the manufacturer's warranty on wireless phones not purchased through Verizon Wireless or its authorized agents.



If you are not sure if your handset is compatible, please call our Verizon Wireless Sales Department at (800) 2-JOIN-IN (256-4646), or visit one of our Verizon Wireless stores.



If your handset is not compatible with our network, discounts are available on new equipment at the point of sale with a new activation.';



and contact info



';Phone Numbers

Customer Service

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(800) 922-0204

Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

Emergency Service Hours

Monday-Sunday 11pm-6am

Customer Service - Pay As You Go

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(888) 294-6804

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Sales

Consumer: (800) 256-4646

Business: (800) 899-4249 ';How do I change my cell phone number to another phone from the same provider?
you may be able to just take your sim card out and put it in that phone, if not then contact Verizon and ask them how to do it or take the phones up there and they can help you. but I have at%26amp;t and you can just switch the SIM cards out..
Take out your Simcard from your current phone into your new phone. All your data on it just tranfers over. Simple as that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment