Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can you change the phone number a text message is sent from?

My ex's gf claims I sent her a nasty text message. I did not and my cellphone company's records confirm no texts were sent to her cell. My ex claims their phone company's records confirm a text was sent to her cell from my cell. I don't understand how this can be. Could his gf have sent herself a text but made it look like it came from my cell?Can you change the phone number a text message is sent from?
It's not possible; something to do with the call centre. It's like trying to change your URL - which you can't do.



Maybe she is lying about the fact her phone company have said this. Does she actually have proof?Can you change the phone number a text message is sent from?
I dont' think that is possible due to the carrier adding that information automatically based on how you are logged onto the carrier. However, it could have been emailed to the phone. Most phone carriers have email addresses for each phone such as [phonenumber]@cingularme.com or something like that. You can then send an email from a normal mail account to the phone.
Nope.. I think she she wants attention. Just forget about it.
I know it's possible to text yourself a message, but i don't think you can alter the number.
I have heard of this, but I have no idea how it's done.



My mother received a phone call on her cell phone which displayed an incorrect number. The caller told her how it was done but I don't even remember what she said and she didn't understand their explanation to begin with.



I realize this is all second hand information, but I have heard of it.
Its not possible for you to change ur phone number that is sent to someone. If it was sent from your phone then it would show. Now, i know that if you go to the websites of the carrier that that person has then u can put her phone number and when it asks you who's it from u can put ur number. Even if its not u. Maybe someone did that. Hope it helps

No comments:

Post a Comment