Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I change an american phone number to an Irish one?

I need to call someone in Ireland and I have their number from America. But what do I dial differently once I get to Ireland? I know it cant be the same number because I dial an international code first. Can anybody help me?How do I change an american phone number to an Irish one?
The international dialling prefix code for Ireland is 00 353.

If the number in Ireland is 01 888888 or 021 88888 etc. then drop the 0 and dial as follows

00 353 1 88888How do I change an american phone number to an Irish one?
Are you ringing an American mobile phone %26amp; the owner is in Ireland at the moment?



Are you attempting to ring them on a landline in Ireland?



If you're attempting to ring an American mobile/cell phone in Ireland then you need to put the international dialling code for the US in front of the number, not the dialling code for Ireland. Mobiles/cell phones are tied to their country of origin %26amp; their numbers can only be accessed by putting the international dialling code for the country of origin in front of the number.
You will have no problem calling the number you already have. All of the numbers stored on my phones, both land line and mobile, have the numbers stored in their international format and work perfectly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment