Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I keep the same phone number if I'm moving to a suburb?

I live in Chicago with an area code of 773 and I have a home based business. I'm moving to Lincolnwood suburb and I don't want to change my phone number. Is this possible?How can I keep the same phone number if I'm moving to a suburb?
The only way you can keep your same number AND same area code is by switching to a VOIP service. Try Vonage or AT%26amp;T Callvantage. I have had both and have no complaints with either. The greatest thing about both of these companies is that they are gimmick free. Your phone bill stays the same no matter how many calls (long distance included) you make. good luck!How can I keep the same phone number if I'm moving to a suburb?
Yes. Ask the phone company. I know u can cuz thats what my mom did once.
yes the phone company will just charge you extra if you have an out of area number.
You have to ask the phone company - today it may be possible because there is such a demand for numbers because of cell phones, they may let you keep yours.



My aunt of 96 has had the same phone number for almost 60 years! She recently moved from the house she has always lived in into a senior apartment complex and the phone company did let her keep her number.
i'm sorry but all our service representatives are busy at this time, please hold the line and we will answer you question in the order in which it was received..



oh wait.. this isn't the phone company. we don't know their policies and suggest you call them direcctly.
Yes, I believe this is possible. Check with your telephone company. The would be able to give you the best answer. Good Luck.
No.
If you are using a phone company like vontage you can take that number anywhere. They don't have to play by the same rules.
actually depends on the zip code, some phone companies offer for an additional fee to pay to have your phone number in putted into the in the new area if it isn't covered there already. Call your local phone company and give them your new address they will be able to tell you if you can trasfer you exsisting phone number and or you can or have to lpay the fee to have it built in the office. Some times its just not possible though if you are to far away so don't get upset if they say its impossible you may just be to far from the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment